Wednesday, May 21, 2014

The Selection- Kiera Cass: Review




SUMMARY:

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself—and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


REVIEW:

The Selection. It's really good, thank you Kiera Cass! <3
From around chapter 1-3, almost everything was a blur. I didn't know what was a caste, and also, I was a little confused with America being her name, and her being a singer and her surname being Singer at the same time, but I continued because I wanted to understand.

As I continued, I started getting feels. It was like "Aspen and America against the world" to me. They break the rules just for them to be together. I started to ship them, and I shipped them even more the moment Aspen's mother talked about him being happy these days, and he's even "saving up" for the girl he loves. America knew that it was her. But when they met at the tree house, Aspen freaking didn't propose to her! I was a little broken with that part, but I continued to ship them.

I was annoyed with Celeste, but the other girls were fine. The story flow was just slow enough for me to grow feels. And I started to feel something annoying with Aspen. (was I annoyed with him or I was just starting to ship Maxon and America?) But that little undecided part of me kept me reading. And then I realized, I felt both. I was annoyed with Aspen and I shipped Maxon and America.

Maxon was the most awkward fictional character I've ever known. (Yes, America, you're right with that calling-me-my-dear-is-awkward.) He is just so dramatic and formal while America talks informally. (Maxon, you're the prince, and America's the one who should be more formal.) But... his awkwardness made me become more interested in their awkward little "friendship".

I'd definitely recommend this book. 
My rating: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment