Thursday, May 22, 2014

The Elite- Kiera Cass: Review


SUMMARY:

Thirty-five girls came to the palace to compete in the Selection. All but six have been sent home. And only one will get to marry Prince Maxon and be crowned princess of Illea.

America still isn’t sure where her heart lies. When she’s with Maxon, she’s swept up in their new and breathless romance, and can’t dream of being with anyone else. But whenever she sees Aspen standing guard around the palace, and is overcome with memories of the life they planned to share. With the group narrowed down to the Elite, the other girls are even more determined to win Maxon over—and time is running out for America to decide.

Just when America is sure she’s made her choice, a devastating loss makes her question everything again. And while she’s struggling to imagine her future, the violent rebels that are determined to overthrow the monarchy are growing stronger and their plans could destroy her chance at any kind of happy ending.


REVIEW:

This book was disappointing. But still, just to see what happens to my little luxury cruise ship with Maxon and America, I read it. 
I liked the first book more. But still, I liked this book, too. This book revolved around America being confused who to pick. And rebels. Rebels and rebels. And her problems. But to be honest, I mentally thanked the last rebels mentioned in the book. (Woohoo, Maxerica time)

The Kriss situation kinda crushed me. But still, it had to be fair in my eyes because if America has Aspen, Maxon has Kriss. (Do you get what I mean?) 
^ That leads me to a conclusion that Kriss and Aspen were just second choices.
It wasn't direct, but technically, America promised that she would marry Maxon.

Moving on...

America. Where's the brave America? Where's the self- confident America? In this book, she basically just told us I have a problem and I don't know how to solve it. She was always nervous and scared. 

Maxon. I see almost nothing wrong with him, except that I hated how he wouldn't eliminate Celeste even though it was common knowledge that Celeste was a brat. He eliminated a girl who just said something bad about America, so why wouldn't he eliminate a girl who made America beyond angry?

The King. Like a typical father of the richer-person-in-a-relationship, he was stupid. As stupid as Kriss.


The story flow was a little bit too slow, but it's fine. 
This book made me cry. But, I still think that it's a little bit ugh-able, so my final rating is 7/10.

I'd recommend this book if you loved book one.
I'll definitely read The One, because my feels covered the annoying feeling. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment