Friday, June 6, 2014

Friday Feels #1: The Selection

IT'S FRIDAY!
Note: I don't want my blog to be all about The Selection (in fact it isn't) but Kiera Cass really got me. *wink wink*


"If you don't want me to be in love with you, you're going to have to stop looking so lovely. First thing tomorrow I'm having your maids sew some potato sacks together for you." 
I hit his arm. "Shut up, Maxon. 
"I'm not kidding. You're too beautiful for your own good. Once you leave, we'll have to send some of the guards with you. You'll never survive on your own, poor thing." He said all this with mock pity. 
"I can't help it." I sighed. "One can never help being born into perfection." I fanned my face as if being so pretty was exhausting. 
"No, I don't suppose you can help it." 
I giggled. I didn't notice for a moment that Maxon didn't seem to think it was funny.
I stared out at the garden and saw out the corner of my eye that Maxon was looking at me. His face was incredibly close to mine.
Oh.My.God.........................!!!
When I turned to ask just what he was looking at, I was surprised to see that he was close enough to kiss me.
*more feels*
I was even more surprised when he did.
I pulled away quickly, taking a step. Maxon stepped back as well. 
"Sorry," he mumbled, blushing. 
"What are you doing?" I asked in a shocked whisper.
"Sorry." He was slightly turned away, obviously embarassed.
"Why did you do that?" I put my hand to my mouth.
Me: Obviously with feels. Americaaa... Why did you do that?

"It's just... with what you said earlier, and seeking me out yesterday... just the way you acted... I thought maybe your feelings had changed. And I like you, I thought you could tell." He turned to face me. "And.. Oh, was it terrible? You don't seem happy at all."
I tried to wipe whatever expression I had off my face. Maxon looked mortified.
"I'm so sorry. I've never kissed anyone before. I don't know what I'm doing. I'm just... I'm sorry, America." He breathed heavy sigh and ran his hand through his hair a few times, leaning against the railing.
I didn't expect it, but a warmth filled me.
He'd wanted his first kiss to be with me. 
It wasn't in bold form in the book, but I just had to. ***feels***


No comments:

Post a Comment